[Zope3-Users] Re: Manage application and PAU

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Mon Sep 12 03:42:31 EDT 2005

Hi Paolo and Stephan

> Behalf Of Paolo Invernizzi
> Sent: Monday, September 12, 2005 9:10 AM
> To: zope3-users at zope.org
> Subject: [Zope3-Users] Re: Manage application and PAU
>
> Stephan Richter wrote:
>
> > That's because ++etc++process does not have a location. In
> other words, it is
> > not a child of root folder. Thus only global ZCML settings
> can be made.
>
> Ok.
>
> > If
> > you have a good use case, we can consider changing that.
>
> Not really, I can live without that... It was only a matter of
> consistency as, after all, the Manage Application role appears on the
> grant UI for an Internal Principal, so a clueless user like
> me was just
> wondering what has done wrong again ;-)

I whould call this a bug or at least a feature. I think since we
can't disable this role from the grant UI, we should give
a location to the namespace ++etc++process so we can grant
the role to principals.
Or we can find another solution where people not get confused.

Paolo, can you add a issue to the bugtracker, so other people
can find information about this behavior.

Regards
Roger Ineichen

Projekt01 GmbH
www.projekt01.ch