[Zope3-Users] Concurrent data access in Zope

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Tue Apr 11 07:33:59 EDT 2006

--On 11. April 2006 13:26:10 +0200 Achim Domma <domma at procoders.net> wrote:

> How is access synchronisation to such a structure handled in Zope? What
> happens automatically? What do I have to do on my own?

First come, first serves. There is no fancy synchronization. If two threads
are trying to modify the same object then one thread will receive a
WriteConflict error. It is up to the app to deal with these kind of errors.
In the Zope 2 world Zope tries to re-do the current transaction for up to
three times before the ConflictError is passed up to the application.

-aj

Web: www.zopyx.com - Email: info at zopyx.com - Phone +49 - 7071 - 793376
E-Publishing, Python, Zope & Plone development and consulting