[Zope3-Users] Security Question

Jachin Rupe jachin at voltzsoftware.com
Sat Apr 22 18:06:15 EDT 2006

hi there

Is there a good example out there of setting up security based on
some sort of ownership system?

I'm working my way though the Zope book.  What I would like to be
able to do is allow the User who created a message to edit only
"their" messages (the messages they created).  I think I've read all
the relevant chapters of the Zope book and I can't find a place where
it explains that.  Did I miss is somewhere?

Could some one point me in the right direction for figuring this out?

If this isn't in the Zope book it may make a good addition.  There
are lots of instances I can think of in application where someone
would want to grant privileges based on ownership.

thanks

-jachin