[Zope3-Users] Permissions for updateOrder() on OrderedContainer

Arne Nordmann mail at arne-nordmann.de
Tue Aug 8 06:17:51 EDT 2006

Hi folks,

first of all: I'm working with Zope 3.3 and Python 2.4.

I created a hierarchical structure of OrderedContainers - some kind of a
tree - and now want to sort it with Python. To move the containers from
level to level in this tree with the ObjectMover is no problem, but
updating the order of the contained elements inside the containers fails
with a ForbiddenAttribute error.

For example:
A, B, C are containers with the names 'A', 'B' and 'C'.
B and C are contained by A.
----------------
 >>> A.updateOrder(['C', 'B'])
Traceback (most recent call last):
ForbiddenAttribute: ('updateOrder', <mypackage.cont.Cont object at
0x022244B0>
(object at 0x022244B0 is OrderedContainer 'A')

configure.zcml defines each used interface with permission
'ManageContent' and I'm logged in as 'Manager'. Accessing the method
keys(), values(), etc. of the OrderedContainers is no problem. So what's
the problem?

Every hint or comment one that would be great, because I'm trying and
searching for hours yet.

Thanks,

Arne