[Zope3-Users] zalchemy in ZMI

Carlo Cardelli ccardelli at iv-srl.it
Wed Aug 9 07:04:49 EDT 2006

Hi all,
I have an error trying to get zalchemy working in the ZMI.

- I created an SQLAlchemyContainer named cCustomer;
- In its "class" attribute I put the path to my content class
"Customer", marked with the ISQLAlchemyObject interface and
as-far-as-i-can-see well mapped with a 'customerTable' db-model;
- When trying to add a Customer object (just submitting the name of the
new object in the 'adding' form, not in the subsequent 'edit' form), I
get an error from zalchemy.container.SQLAlchemyNameChooser in the method
'checkName':

<Customer> object has no attribute '_class'

Looking at the code, seems like the method wants to be given the
'container' object, but get instead the 'contained' one.

I am working with the 'trunk' version of zalchemy and Zope 3.3.0b1.

I am still a newbie, so it is very likely I am getting something wrong.

Any hint?

Thank you in advance.