[Zope3-Users] Re: Permissions for updateOrder() on OrderedContainer

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Thu Aug 10 01:26:55 EDT 2006

Arne Nordmann wrote:
>> thank you very much indeed for your answers. I use
>> removeAllPermissions() at the moment to have an ad hoc solution and
>> now will busy myself with your ideas.
> For the sake of correctness: I ment to write removeAllProxies()

removeAllProxies simply disables security checking. Big red warning
lights should go on in your head whenever you want to use it.

It seems like you invested some time in finding out about
removeAllProxies instead of following our advice. Tom Dossis even
spelled it out for you. If you choose to ignore this, you're on your
own. Don't expect Zope to do much security for you when you ignore its
system completely.

Philipp