[Zope3-Users] Re: default defaultView

Thu Aug 10 07:43:35 EDT 2006

Am Mittwoch, 9. August 2006 00:27 schrieb Philipp von Weitershausen:
> Florian Lindner wrote:
> > Hello,
> > is there a kind of default defaultView?
> > So when a object is called and no defaultView is defined that a view like
> > index.html is called? I thought yes, but a test has not proven that.
> >
> > If there is really no such default, why? I think a little bit more
> > (optional) convention over configuration would be good for Zope...
>
> zope.app/browser.zcml says:
>
>   <browser:defaultView name="index.html" />
>
> So, as you can see, we indeed have a default default view. It's index.html.

That's what I thought too. But:

I go to an object and get an 404 error. Now add this ZCML to configure.zcml:

    <defaultView
        name="index.html"
        for="CS.Link.interfaces.ILink"
        layer="CS.skin.interfaces.ICentershockSkin"
    />

and the same URL work. You see that there is already a view named index.html

    <page
        name="index.html"
        for="CS.Link.interfaces.ILink"
        template="link.pt"
        permission="zope.View"
        layer="CS.skin.interfaces.ICentershockSkin"
    />

But why is it not used as the default view?

Thanks,

Florian