[Zope3-Users] zalchemy integration

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Sun Aug 13 05:23:25 EDT 2006

Hi Jeff

[...]
> With the ZMI, I end up asking "is this the UI I want to
> deliver to my customer?" And the answer is rarely "yes!" I
> feel like I have to arm wrestle a lot more to turn off and
> hide features. I still don't really understand how the 'Add'
> menu works.

Did you see the layer package I commited to the z3c repos the
last days?
There is now a minimal layer which allows you to build
very easy a own administration interface.

> This isn't a criticism of the ZMI skin. It just hasn't been a
> fit for any of our customers or applications, which makes it
> very hard to support. Fortunately, it's fairly easy to do
> away with. But it also feels very hard to migrate away from
> if that's where ones initial work is.

We really should use the Boston skin which offers much more
flexibility for such customized ZMI's because of it's
viewlet/manager concept and drop the Rotterdam skin.

[...]
> Having developed on and for Zope for nearly ten years now, I
> can say that there is no such thing as "traditional zope
> development" :).
> There are a lot of ways to get things done.

;-)

Regards
Roger Ineichen