[Zope3-Users] zalchemy integration

David Pratt fairwinds at eastlink.ca
Sun Aug 13 11:22:45 EDT 2006

Hi Roger. This is really interesting. It would be good to see a very
small demo of these nice packages you have been contributing - something
  that would put together the minimal layer, menu package, and a few
basic viewlets just to give folks a basic idea of what can be acheived
'minimally'. Also a clearer understanding of where to use trusted over
the basic layer. I would seem that this is the road to some very dynamic
skinning flexibility.

The one thing perhaps missing from this is a mechanism for storing and
manipulating viewlets and selecting a template on a container. Perhaps a
template manager is also needed. What I am missing from Zope2 is the
simple ability to drop an index.html or different template into a folder
as a simple way to make folder views that are based on site context.
Sites can be pretty terrible otherwise if they are not sensitive to
where you are and display the same organization of viewlets. If
viewlets/viewlet managers and a template can be maintained as
annotations on a container and the weighting of viewlet managers
manipulated through a form instead of zcml then we'd be cooking with
gas. :-)

Regards,
David