[Zope3-Users] Re: zalchemy integration

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Mon Aug 14 04:33:48 EDT 2006

On Sunday 13 August 2006 08:35, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> Yeah, I'm not convinced. At least not by the current Boston skin. I find
> its code over-structured (subpackages just for the sake of subpackages,
> it seems). Also, it isn't as flexible as one would think it is. It
> claims it uses viewlets but it has lots of stuff still hammered into a
> huge template. I don't find it that much more flexible than Rotterdam.

It is a lot more flexible than Rotterdam. It is however constrained by the
slots Rotterdam provides, since all the default ZMI views are in reality
written for Rotterdam. Roger has developed much more flexible skins that do
not conform to Rotterdam slots that have tiny main templates and do
everything with viewlets (similar to what Jeff described in his response).

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter