[Zope3-Users] zc.tables integration with Zope3

David Pratt fairwinds at eastlink.ca
Mon Aug 21 15:14:30 EDT 2006

Hi. I am wondering if zc.tables could not be incorporated into Zope3
trunk. My rational for its inclusion is so that the contents views may
be refactored to use it. The current contents view makes little sense
without batching and sorting. The ZMI could really use this basic face
lift to bring it in line with the fundamental views provided in its
Zope2 counterpart. I'd also suggest that the Boston skin be given
preference over rotterdam as the default skin for zope.

Beyond this, a batching utility package is really needed in the way that
ZTUtils provided this support in Zope2. While schooltool has this
support, its GPL status does not make it accessible to non GPL
developers (that might anticipate this generic utility in the code
base). There are some really complex packages out there but this basic
utility is still not available in our toolset. Many thanks.

Regards,
David