[Zope3-Users] zc.tables integration with Zope3

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Tue Aug 22 09:41:40 EDT 2006

On Tuesday 22 August 2006 09:27, David Pratt wrote:
> Hi Stephan. Could a Zope3 branch be set up in the zope repository so
> that your enhanced tables code can be added to the branch (so contents
> view refactored using it)? The contents view class could be the model
> for using the tables package in zope3. In fact, it could be become the
> base class with overrides to columns for custom views to provide sorting
> and batching (with the capability of displaying DC data).

Note that I am -1 for including zc.table at this stage. I feel that it needs
some more thought and real-life usage. Note: I use zc.table *a lot*!

> Has anyone an opinion about Boston vs Rotterdam as default skin and
> the need for a generic batching utility? I think at some point, it is
> time to say out with the old and in with the new - particularly since
> viewlets factor largely in skinning (and skinning flexibility). I think
> if this is what is advocated for skinning, Zope3 ought to be presented
> with a default skin that uses this approach. Many thanks.

I personally do not care about the ZMI at all. For the customer I never base
any code on those skins, since they are insanely complex. Of course, Boston
is mainly so complex, because of all the slots that are required from
Rotterdam. :-(

As for batching, it would be nice to have a utility, but I would like to see
some "out-of-core" implementation first and see it evolve a couple
iterations.

Regards,
Stephan
--