[Zope3-Users] Zope and UTF-8 accentuated characters

Stéphane Brault stephane_brault at yahoo.fr
Mon Aug 28 05:05:37 EDT 2006

Thanks Marius.

  My data is stored in a MySQL database (charset utf-8), which I access through sqlos.
  My string data are stored in a unicodeCol (a sqlos object which manages unicode data).
  The browser's page charset is UTF-8, so I gess there lies the problem.
 I generate pages through ajax via the jsonserver package. My request passes the request
 to the server, which generates HTML with pages templates and sends back
 the HTML, wich is used to update the page (via innerHTML). The fact is this problem
 is a bit random, sometimes the accents are well displayed, sometimes not.
 It also seems that there is a slight behaviour difference between linux (debian 3.1) and
 windows.

 Stéphane