[Zope3-Users] ZODB explorer?

jamesr circlecycle at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 22:39:19 EST 2006

On Dec 4, 2006, at 7:23 PM, Robert Hicks wrote:

> I have search a bit on GOOGLE and didn't find anything. I was
> wondering if there was a GUI for ZODB (like TOAD for Oracle or
> similar)?
>
> Robert

since in the zope format there is rarely plain text in the ZODB (just
objects), reading the "file hierarchy" would require you to know
which objects were containers and which weren't. To examine the
contents you'd have to instantiate the object, which would probably
require classes the view doesn't have. Although the ZODB has file-
system type properties when using PersistentDictionary, the inclusion
of scads of different object types renders it unusable except in the
target system.

This statement forms a theory of mine at the least, if anyone wants
to add/correct it, that's fine by me (thanks even).

  james