[Zope3-Users] Periodically refresh RSS feeds

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Tue Dec 19 07:03:13 EST 2006

Hi,

Florian Lindner wrote:
> That's something I had mentioned in my posting too. It has advantage that the
> feeds could decide if they want to be called or not, whereas by
> the "utility-way" they would always be called.

Considering your hesitation towards the component architecture, here's
some more input:

Nowadays, registering a (persistent) object as a utility expresses
basically the same functionality. If it wants to be called, you can
register it as a utility for an interface (and maybe a name), if you
don't want to, you don't (or you unregister it).

What you automatically get is:

- you don't have to write your own registry code (again),
- the CA is optimized to do this kind of lookups

The distinction between software and content space was pretty much
removed now. Even content objects are software, or not?

Christian