[Zope3-Users] how to examine parent attributes in add process?

Adam Summers adam at 4js.com.au
Sat Dec 30 22:43:05 EST 2006

Hi all,

I have an object which when editing, checks for some attributes in the
parents containing folder by using the following type of code: (this is
called during a form.Editform call)

    def _completeValues(self):
        if self.a is None  and  self.__parent__.def_c == self.c:
                my_a  = self.__parent__.def_c * 2
                setattr(self,'a',my_a)

Of course, for edits, this all works fine. However, how should I examine
values in the containing object during an Adding process, where
__parent__ would be None?

Thanks and Regards,
Adam