[Zope3-Users] Re: Re: Please Guido, pick me, pick me!

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Thu Feb 2 15:48:54 EST 2006

On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 20:42:25 -0000, Stephan Richter
<srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu> wrote:

> On Thursday 02 February 2006 15:01, Martin Aspeli wrote:
>> Philipp W and others have commented on Zope 3's utter lack of marketing
>>
>> (anyone been to zope.org lately?) and how it is probably hurting its
>> adoption. Having just learnt Zope 3 myself, I'm telling others it's
>> wonderful, and then they start talking about web services[1] and wonder
>>
>> what I've been smoking. Very sad.
>
> I am pretty sure there is a SOAP implementation for Zope 3 and it is in
> svn.zope.org.

You missed my point (unless that was dry humour)... No-one who doesn't
already read this list has heard of Zope 3 (as in, they understand what
it's all about, and they understand the distinction between Zope 2 and
Zope 3) and very few have heard of Zope in general. They have, however,
seen all the Ruby-on-Rails demos and are talking about it all the time.

Is Ruby-on-Rails a better framework than Zope 3?

Martin

--
(muted)