[Zope3-Users] Re: Please Guido, pick me, pick me!

Jim Washington jwashin at vt.edu
Fri Feb 3 08:48:46 EST 2006

Martin Aspeli wrote:
> Lennart Regebro <regebro at ...> writes:
>

>>> But having a name that signifies that there is something a little more than a
>>> new major-version release going on here would go a long way in giving people
>>> something to fix their minds on.
>>>
>> Not if that name changes with every release, becuase then people will
>> see it as a release code name, because that's what it will be.
>>

> Absolutely - we seem to be on the same page. :)
>
> The branding needs to be consistent and carried forward, until such time we
> refactor the whole thing again and call it Zope 4. :)

My university, Virginia Tech, is doing something similar right now, and
I think it is in part due to recent negative publicity involving
athletics (I could be wrong).

The vision includes a new trademarked tagline (Invent the Future) and a
new logo incorporating the tagline.
http://www.vtnews.vt.edu/story.php?relyear=2006&itemno=53

We could do something similar:

Zope 3: Excellence in Web Component Design

OK, I'm not a marketer, but something in that vein could help to gain
community standing.

-Jim Washington