[Zope3-Users] Re: Please Guido, pick me, pick me!

Graham Stratton gns24 at cantab.net
Fri Feb 3 09:40:56 EST 2006

Lennart Regebro wrote:
> Not if that name changes with every release, becuase then people will
> see it as a release code name, because that's what it will be.

I agree.  Personally I don't think this name change/extension is
necessary.  We've already got an extension, it's the '3'.  What we need
is for the 3 to be a strong part of the brand name everywhere.  It's not
Zope, or Zope 3.x, it's Zope3.  I appreciate that this already happens
generally.  Zope3 really needs a logo in which the '3' plays a major
role, and looks very different to the existing Zope logo.

I agree with those who have said that Zope3 should have its own website.
  If our aim is to make it clear to people that this is something new,
then that site needs a completely different design to the existing Zope
site.  For as long as Zope3 looks like Zope 2, people are not going to
expect to find any major changes.

I'm trying to think of other examples where people have produced a new
brand name by adding a version number.  MacOS X?  PlayStation2?  I'm
sure there's a good example out there somewhere!

Graham