[Zope3-Users] Re: Re: Please Guido, pick me, pick me!

Brad Allen brad at allendev.com
Mon Feb 6 01:15:45 EST 2006

At 6:11 AM -0500 2/5/06, Stephan Richter wrote:
>On Saturday 04 February 2006 14:00, Brad Allen wrote:
>>  I won't have any time to volunteer for such a project
>>  for several weeks, but I could do it during the upcoming
>>  Zope 3 sprint at PyCon (my skill is not great enough to
>>  contribute to Zope 3 source code, but I can
>>  work on documentation and/or assemble talking points.)
>
>Please do! There have been several efforts in the Zope 3 community to get a
>new Website going. But honestly, its missing an initial ring leader who
>coordinates the effort. I am supporting everyone who is serious about
>changing our current situation!

Thanks for the encouragement. I don't know how much I can get
done in a four day sprint but I'm willing to give it a go.

By new website, do you mean a Zope 3 advocacy site, or a general
documentation site? Making a separate site for advocacy seems like
a no-brainer (ala Pythonology.org), but the documentation site is
another matter. Have the Zope 3 core developers decided to split
Zope 3 documentation onto a completely separate site? Maybe this
has already been discussed on the Zope3-dev list, which I haven't
yet looked at.