[Zope3-Users] Re: Re: Re: Please Guido, pick me, pick me!

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Mon Feb 6 03:33:39 EST 2006

On Mon, 06 Feb 2006 06:15:45 -0000, Brad Allen
<brad at allendev.com> wrote:

> By new website, do you mean a Zope 3 advocacy site, or a general
> documentation site? Making a separate site for advocacy seems like
> a no-brainer (ala Pythonology.org), but the documentation site is
> another matter. Have the Zope 3 core developers decided to split
> Zope 3 documentation onto a completely separate site? Maybe this
> has already been discussed on the Zope3-dev list, which I haven't
> yet looked at.

I think it's best if the documentation (esp. in the form of easy-access
tutorials) is part of the advocacy. If you're advocating a development
framework, the only thing that's going to sell it to developers is actual
code - examples, demos, and a demonstration that there is sufficienet
documentation there to make it possible for them to learn it (which
includes pointers to the ++apidoc++ stuff!).

I'd say make a site that works on message, but make it possible to slot
documentation in there. Also, solicit the help of the wider community -
I'm sure many other people have thought about how this may work and how
it'd best be presented to them.

Martin

--
(muted)