[Zope3-Users] Users need to activate their accounts

Sun Feb 12 15:42:53 EST 2006

Hello,
how would you implement something like that?

What comes into my mind is:

1) Let the registration script create a PendingPrincipal object and store them
into a folder. The activation script create a real user in the PAU based on
the PendingPrincipal und deletes the PendingPrincipal.
Can I reuse a existing principal info object for that? I'm not sure about
creating them in content space.

2) Create a utility that stores the principal information. The activation
script reads that information and creates a principal in PAU (or let the
utiltity create it)

3) Create (subclass) a PrincipalFolder and the InternetPrincipal object. Give
the principal a activated flag and the Fodler a activatePrincipal(key)
method.
At the moment I'm not sure if I know how to do that, but I've not tried
yet. ;-)

At the moment I tend to 1) or 3). What do you think? How do you do it?

Thanks,

Florian