[Zope3-Users] Cant see error log because of an error?

Dmitry Vasiliev lists at hlabs.spb.ru
Mon Feb 13 06:24:48 EST 2006

Roman Susi wrote:

>> hi!
>>
>> An error occured within my own module, and I tried to look at
>> ErrorReportingUtility to find out what happened. However, instead of
>> comprehensible report I got another "System error occured" acreen...
>> Looking at the stout of Zope, I found this:
>>

>> I got this:

[Traceback skipped]

>> I think, this is an error in Zope3 as I belive NOTHING should EVER
>> prevent looking at error log!

Please fill the bug report in the collector at
http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Collectors/Zope3-dev

> Some additional info:
>
>  - it seems, that docstrings of the package I used contained non-ASCII
> characters... But even then, I think this is Zope3 bug...

If you use non-ASCII characters in docstrings set '-*- coding: -*-' marker at
the top of the source file and always use unicode strings. This way you can
view docstrings in browser without any problems.

--
Dmitry Vasiliev (dima at hlabs.spb.ru)
     http://hlabs.spb.ru