[Zope3-Users] (Beginner's) Questions concerning ZopeX3 Component Communication

Reinhold Strobl reinhold.strobl at gmx.net
Fri Feb 17 12:43:16 EST 2006

Hi,

I am new to ZopeX3 and currently working with components. I would like to build
a client/server application. The client (no browser) should be able to invoke
methods of the component in the ZopeX3 Server. I have seen examples based on
XML-RPC, but are there no other possiblities, which enables remote calls "in an
integrated way",
I mean, is something like following is possible:

Server (Zope):
===============================
Interface IReceipeInfo
Implementation of that interface:
class ReceipeInfo(object):
    implements(IReceipeInfo)
    def getTimeToCook(self):
        return ...

Client (Python)
rec = ReceipeInfo()

rec.getTimeToCook()

I mean, is a remote call in that kind possible?

Thanks a lot in advance!