[Zope3-Users] Re: [Zope] Re: The Zope Software Certification Program and Common Repository Proposal

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Tue Feb 21 08:42:35 EST 2006

On Tuesday 21 February 2006 05:13, Andrew Milton wrote:
> Why should Mark Shuttleworth who has plenty of means, hand over IP for
> (parts of) SchoolTool? I'm sure he has more than enough ways to protect his
> IP. Or are you saying that it makes sense for ZF/ZC to protect him?

The reason the SchoolTool project would be interested in putting a couple
packages in the common repository would be so they are moved into the Zope 3
core pr are part of the distribution. It would mean that the SchoolTool
developers have to maintain less code.

However, we do not need to put all of SchoolTool into the repository just to
get certified. We can ask for certification with the SchoolTool code living
in another repository. In fact, I think SchoolTool might be one of the first
outside projects to gain certifications, since it is the only large project
that I know of that fulfills the level 2 requirements (I think it could even
get level 3).

Regards,
Stephan
--