[Zope3-Users] Re: Recipe with default values

Marco Mariani marco at sferacarta.com
Tue Feb 21 11:16:23 EST 2006

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> I presume, this is what you want:
>
>   class Recipe(Persistent):
>
>     def __init__(self):
>         self.creation_date = datetime.datetime.now()

Thanks for the reply.

That's the idea, but it works only if I don't add creation_field to the
add view:

    <addform
        label="Add Foo"
        name="AddFoo.html"
        schema="sandbox.interfaces.IFoo"
        content_factory="sandbox.foo.Foo"
        fields="title"
        permission="zope.ManageContent"
        />

When fields="title", the creation_date attribute is set upon creation
and available for later editing.

When fields="title creation_date", the creation date is proposed as
empty in the add form. I'd like it to be already set when the add form
is called.