[Zope3-Users] Install Error: Sax

Steve Wedig stevewedig at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 20:05:27 EST 2006

Hello,

I'm having an install problem for Zope 3.2.0, and I would appreciate
any help you can offer!

I'm running FreeBSD 6 and I had Z3 installed. Everything was wonderful :)

My friend recompiled most of the system, and this apparently involved
an update to most of ports, including sax, and python. At this point
Zope no longer would start up due to this error:

ImportError: /usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/_xmlplus/parsers/pyexpat.so:
Undefined symbol "PyUnicodeUCS4_Decode"

I figured it was due to the new Python, so I reinstalled Python 2.4.2
from python.org. That didn't fix the problem, so I decided to
reinstall Zope 3.2.0.

./configure works, however when I call make, I get this error:
<several traceback lines>
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/_xmlplus/sax/saxexts.py",
line 75, in make_parser
    sys.modules[parser_name].create_parser = _create_parser
KeyError: 'xml.sax.drivers2.drv_pyexpat'
*** Error code 1

Basically, I'm not sure how to proceed :-/ Although it may be silly, I
tried to comment out the offending line in saxexts.py, but that causes
errors.

So does anyone know about this?

Thanks for you time,
Steve