[Zope3-Users] The Zope Software Certification Program and CommonRepository Proposal

Lukasz Lakomy lukasz at altcontrol.pl
Wed Feb 22 07:24:33 EST 2006

Hello Stephan and all

I think this is a very good idea. As far as I can see we are talking only
about certification of packages. I've read all post about this and have few
suggestions.

1. Zope Certified Company. Soemthing similar to certificates given by
commercial companies: Microsoft, Oracle etc. Sometimes there are companies
creating comemrcial aplications with Zope. They have no possibility to make
them open source or to contribute to Zope 3 development. But they want to
measure their quality of work and comapre to other companies/competitors. So
I'm thinking also about levels of maturity for company. It could be achieved
by participations in some trainings or maybe by audits from Zope
Corporation. It won't be free of course! It always look nice on the comapny
website where there is a logo "Technology X certifies" and makes the comapny
trustworthy.

2. Zope Certified Programmer. They are also certificates for persons who
know given technology. Why we cannot make it for Zope also? For example if a
company wats to employ a programer it could state that he needs Zope
Certified Programmer Level X. This shows the maturity of developer and be
motivating for him. The base leves should be obtained by sending some piece
of code, next level after some Internet chat, rest maybe on exams during
sprints or in the company that are being certified. The knowledge for base
levels should be checked via Internet because of long distances. It also
should be free or very cheap, the higher levels may be more expensive.

Lukasz Lakomy