[Zope3-Users] Search Results (was: How come no IView?)

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Thu Jan 5 08:04:12 EST 2006

On Wednesday 04 January 2006 01:07, Alen Stanisic wrote:
> I think I am lacking in understanding of traversable, locatable concepts
> and if they can be of any relevance to non-persistent objects.  Any
> explanation of this or pointers to documents I could read is much
> appreciated.

First of all, an add form is not the right object to use here. You can either
use a simple form or look into zope.formlib.

We do two-step processes all the time. For example, edit forms are responsible
for collecting form data and storing them. We use the pattern of an update()
method that is always called at the top of the page. Again, I think
zope.formlib and the the concept of sub-pages will really help you here.
Another alternative is to use macros.

Regards,
Stephan
--