[Zope3-Users] macros from ZPT

John Smith jsmith030416 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jan 16 09:39:23 EST 2006

Dear All,

Does anyone know if it is possible to access macros
defined in a TTW ZPT from a file-system based view
class?

In a TTW folder, I have added a ZPT and edited it to
contain a page macro.

Then, in the file system, I put a getMacro method into
the view class for my object.

Next, from the file system page template which renders
the view for the object, I seem unable to pick up the
TTW macro.

I have tried:

metal:use-macro="view/getMacro/macros/page",

and a range of variants with no success.

I have read some posts that hint that perhaps I am
trying to do something not yet available within Z3.

I know that my view class getMacro method is returning
a relevant object as my debug output shows that I can
access the 'macros' attribute ok.

Thanks in advance for help,

john