[Zope3-Users] Zope 3 Capacities

David Johnson djohnson at jsatech.com
Fri Jan 20 08:23:33 EST 2006

I wish I could say what we're doing, but I know potential competitors are
listening and these lists are public. I can discuss privately if you would
like to know more.  You're close with the NSA stuff, although on a much
smaller and public scale.

Today, alone, we've processed 15M TX in about 2 hours (2080tps), using a
single MySQL server (not TTW), and MySQL just yawns.  In our experience,
only MySQL and Oracle are capable of doing this (and Oracle only in versions
9 and above).  This is also why I ask so many RDBMS questions on this list.

I do think we will need multiple instances.  I would like to use Zope and
perhaps replace Gadfly with MySQL. Has anyone done this in Zope 3? If so,
how?  I would estimate based upon my preliminary tests that Zope with ZODB
can handle about 300/tps on our hardware.

The versioning feature of Zope alone would blow our clients away.