[Zope3-Users] Re: Is Zope Zope2 or Zope3?

Alen Stanisic alen.stanisic at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 08:16:26 EST 2006

On Sat, 2006-01-21 at 01:43 +0000, Martin Aspeli wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think this is very a unfortunate, and unfortunately also completely
> understandable mistake. The Zope community has some great architects and
> developers, but from looking at the state of zope.org, not many who are
> willing or able to market the project to the wider open source community
> and other potential adopters. In the long term, Zope probably does lose a
> number of potential interessants, contributors, donators and developers
> through this lack of marketing. Considering that we are at 3.2 already,
> the argument that it's still new and exciting doesn't really hold water
> anymore.

Hi Martin,

I wouldn't even call it a mistake, it is just a valid article on Zope2.
While it is a concern that there is no mention of Zope3 greater concern
is how would someone outside of Zope community know that this or any
other Zope2 posts on the internet are not relevant to Zope3.  I could
see how someone taking a first look at Zope3 could quite easily get
misinformed with all of the Zope2 information that's out there.

Alen