[Zope3-Users] Re: Zope 3 Capacities

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Sun Jan 22 11:05:32 EST 2006

Jeff Rush wrote:
> I've always wondered why ZODB didn't offer an option of storing the
> object index in a BTREE, but I guess its the performance issue of
> potential additional disk accesses.

This was one of the benefits of the Berkeley DB storage.  Sadly,
we put a lot of work into the BDB storage and people didn't seem
to care that much.  That, and the grief we got from Berkeley DB
itself made us drop the effort.  I do still think it has a lot
of potential.

We could make the file-storage index management more sophisticated,
but I'd really rather find something like the Berkeley database that
we could build on.

Jim