[Zope3-Users] Security alert: use of Through-the-Web reStructuredText

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Wed Jul 19 10:12:45 EDT 2006

On Jul 19, 2006, at 8:47 AM, Benji York wrote:

> David Pratt wrote:
>> What about the idea of maintaining a text file in the distribution
>> specific to possible security issues. Is this worth considering
>> for historical purposes so they do not get lost over time or
>> implicitly understood by only a handful of people.
>
> Exactly.  Any package that needs security-related things verified
> should have a test (doctest in a text file) describing the problem
> and verifying that it has been fixed.

Of course, that, by itself, doesn't solve the problem.  docutils may
introduce a new feature in the furture that shouldn't be exposed
through the web.  Whenever we integrate a new version, we need to
review it to make sure there aren't new security issues.  This is
especially true of anything that is exposed TTW.

Jim

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org