[Zope3-Users] Re: Next steps...

Igor Stroh igor at rulim.de
Wed Jul 26 06:58:15 EDT 2006

Chris Withers wrote:
> Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
>> I wouldn't say that. It depends on your taste, really. I personally
>> prefer the package-includes approach for development environments; for
>> actual deployments I find having no package-includes at all, but instead
>> putting everything in site.zcml useful, because it's easier to see in
>> one place what's included and what not.
>
> I certainly prefer this ;-)
>
> That said, I do like Apache 2 - on - Debian's a2enmod, a2dismod,
> a2ensite and a2dissite. If Zope had equivalents, I'd probably flip round
> to the other view...

In fact Debian's dzhandle (part of zope-common package) does this already:
===============================8<=========================================
# sudo dzhandle add-product --help
usage: dzhandle [<option> ...] add-product [<option> ...]

  -h, --help            show this help message and exit
  -l, --lazy            add missing addons only (error on manually installed
                        addons)
  -t ATECHNIQUE, --installation-technique=ATECHNIQUE
                        how to install addons (linked, tree-linked, copied)

This works for all supported zope versions (including zope3).

Though I guess this is not an option for you guys, since Debian's Zope
packages are considered evil :)

Cheers,
Igor