[Zope3-Users] Re: Total n00b to zope3 and apache.

Darryl Cousins darryl at darrylcousins.net.nz
Fri Jul 28 15:48:04 EDT 2006

Hi Steve,

keep playing with the rewrite rule. Try without the zope part:

RewriteRule ^(/?.*) http://localhost:8080/++vh++http:localhost:8000/++$1 [P,L]

Then http://locahost:8000/ 'should' take you to the zope instance.

I think that you would want to have the zope/ inside ^(/zope/?.*)

On my setup (linux) I use several host names for my machine so I can
have several instances running - apache on port 80. I find this more
convenient than using the trailing 'zope/'.

# first instance on 8031
NameVirtualHost *
<VirtualHost *>
ServerName zope3.theshire
RewriteRule ^(/?.*) http://theshire:8031/++vh++http:zope3.theshire:80/++$1 [P,L]

# second instance on 8032
<VirtualHost *>
ServerName zope3test.theshire
RewriteRule ^(/?.*) http://theshire:8032/++vh++http:zope3test.theshire:80/++$1 [P,L]

# the first instance using boston skin
<VirtualHost *>
ServerName zope3boston.theshire
RewriteRule ^(/?.*) http://theshire:8031/++skin++Boston/++vh++http:zope3boston.theshire:80/++$1 [P,L]

# trac
<VirtualHost *>
ServerName trac.theshire

I often find it useful to access the same instance with different server
names so I can stay logged in as manager (http auth) on one and log in
as different site users (cookie auth) to test security settings and only
need one browser open.

Hope that helps.
Darryl