[Zope3-Users] Create RSS feed

Tarek Ziadé tziade at nuxeo.com
Thu Jun 1 05:51:06 EDT 2006

Rupert Redington wrote:

>Tarek Ziadé wrote:
>

>>Achim Domma wrote:
>>

>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>I want to provide an RSS for a content object which is a site. Seems
>>>to me, like this should be a generic functionality so I wonder if
>>>there is already some product which I did not found!?
>>>
>>>regards,
>>>Achim

>>Hi,
>>Take a look here http://zope-cookbook.org/cookbook/recipe59
>>
>>Tarek

>I've found PyRSS2Gen
>(http://www.dalkescientific.com/Python/PyRSS2Gen.html) very useful for
>doing the work of formatting the feed from inside a BrowserView.

Interesting approach, I think having XML templates and a browser that
just returns items is better
though, because all formats out there (RSS 1, RSS 2, Atom, etc) can be
expressed by XML files and work over the very same
view class, that spits Dublin Core infos.

Then it's just a matter of ZCML configuration.

In your solution, the view itself has to take care of wich format should
be outputed.

Cheers

Tarek