[Zope3-Users] i18n questions

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Jun 2 03:55:00 EDT 2006

Lennart Regebro wrote:
> On 6/1/06, Stephan Richter <srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu> wrote:
>> Yes, the PO file format is totally independent of Zope and Python.
>
> However, the directory structure is not independent of which i18n
> implementation you have. ;) Five and Zope3 uses the same one, though:
>   <lang>/LC_MESSAGES/<domain>.mo
>
> I think Plone uses:
>   <lang>/LC_MESSAGES/<domain>.po
>
> Notice the difference, Zope3/Five requires you to compile to po files,
> Plone doesn't.
> CPS uses another one completely.

Well, I currently just have an i18n directory in the instance home which
contains a load of .po and one .pot files... Should I move to the above
layout? Where do I put the various <lang> folders?

>> On Wednesday 31 May 2006 04:29, Chris Withers wrote:
>> > - How would I mark up constant and computered strings in zodb-based
>> > Python Scripts?
>
> Mark up?

ie: indicate that they are strings that need to be translated...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk