[Zope3-Users] Two object revisions and a simple workflow

Frank Burkhardt fbo2 at gmx.net
Fri Jun 2 05:57:00 EDT 2006

Hi,

we are going to implement a simple workflow here. Example of our use case:

   * There are containers 'IArticleFolder' containing objects (e.g. IArticle)
   * Those objects sometimes contain subobjects (e.g. IImage, IFile)
   * When an object or one of it's subobjects is modified, it enters a simple workflow.
   * A modified object must not be visible to visitors. The lastest unmodified
     revision of the object should be displayed instead.
   * Two editors have to approve modifications of the object to finish the workflow and
     make the modifications visible to site visitors.

My main problem is: I have to use this mini-workflow for multiple application, not just
IArticleFolder/IArticle. I need some method that doesn't force me to rewrite all the
pagetemplates/views/... from scratch. Does anyone have an idea, how to do this?

Regards,

Frank