[Zope3-Users] Found a (perhaps obvious) page template speedup

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Jun 5 10:13:42 EDT 2006

Stephan Richter wrote:

> The point is that I am not interesting in supporting the ZMI at all. I have no
> use for users or developers to ever use the ZMI. In fact, basing my skin on
> the ZMI is bad because it provides all those URLs I (a) do not have control
> over -- thus being a security risk, and (b) are not needed and make the
> system slower.

This is stupid.

One of the big wins for Zope 3 was that you were supposed to be able to
re-use UI code without having to write it all from scratch.

The ZMI has a lot of widgets that people should want to re-use
(generically: tree controls, file widgets, directory listings, etc,
specifically: forms and configuration for the "generic" parts of zope)

It sounds like you're advocating writing every bit of UI from scratch,
as you have to in Zope 2 due to the hard-coded nature of the ZMI, but
I'm hoping I'm mistaken...

Am I?

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk