[Zope3-Users] Re: I fold. What are ++etc++ and ++resource++ etc?

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Jun 12 02:47:07 EDT 2006

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
>> Failing to find a clear explanation, I only see a ways for Zope3-based
>> sites to:
>>
>> 1. Be toyed with by the user.
>
> How so?

"ooo look, pretty shiny things in urls, I wonder what they mean"

>> 2. Fall out of search engines.
>
> Why?

Search engines don't particularly like weird characters in urls.
This can be extremely important for some users...

>> 4. Fail the over-the-phone test of URl's...
>
> Can you spell @@ or ++ over the phone? I can.

Yeah, but you're one of the leading Zope developers in the world.
Try explaining it to someone with an IQ of 50 who just about knows what
a / (no, the *other* slash) and a . (yeah, the one without the curly bit
on the bottom of it) are ;-)

> Plus, no one says ++ and
> @@ have to occur in a public view of Zope 3 site. Go to
> http://worldcookery.com. You won't see much of @@ or ++.

Good, I'd love to know how to produce a whole Zope 3 app without these
weird appendages...
(and yes, I know why they're there, doesn't mean I like 'em any more ;-)

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk