[Zope3-Users] Re: I fold. What are ++etc++ and ++resource++ etc?

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue Jun 13 03:54:48 EDT 2006

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
>>> Why?
>> Search engines don't particularly like weird characters in urls.
>
> @ and + are not "weird" characters in URLs. They're allowed by the spec
> and I'd be surprised if they actually are a problem. So far, this is all
> hand-waving.

Actually, no. I've had customers insist on these characters (and infact,
using - instead of _ between words in urls) because they want to be
certain a that Google will index the words in the url. Now, I don't know
how pagerank works (funny that!) but in this instance, I'm happy to run
with whatever the customer wants...

> The same way you produce a Zope 2 app: make sure view names and content
> names don't clash and you're all set.

Indeed. Just as long as it's possible and doesn't involve too much hoop
jumping ;-)

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk