[Zope3-Users] WingIDE and debugging Zope3.3

mats.nordgren mats at ronin-group.org
Thu Jun 15 17:22:58 EDT 2006

I've tried to get WingIDE to work for debugging Zope3 but have only had
limited success.  I've followed the instructions at wingware.com where it
tells you to add the wingdbstub.  I added 'import wingdbstub' in
$ZOPEINSTANCE/bin/runzope and it will break on errors but will not break on
breakpoints.

Other instructions tells you to make sure there is only _one_ thread, and I
finally found a setting in zope.app.twisted.schema.xml where I changed it to

  <key name="threads" datatype="integer" default="1"> <== Changed to 1
    <description>
      The number of threads which should be used to serve requests.

      The threads are placed in a pool and are used to serve requests
      received from the servers configured using &lt;server&gt;
      sections.  This does not constrain the total number of threads
      used by the application server; additional threads may be used
      for internal purposes.
    </description>
  </key>

Still no success.

Has anyone had any success with debugging with WingIDE?

Sincerely,

Mats