[Zope3-Users] Trouble with browser sign on

Andreas Reuleaux reuleaux at web.de
Thu Jun 22 18:56:07 EDT 2006

Just try again, I have no problems with encrypted passwords
(I am however using SHA-passwords, i. e. option 3).

As the result of your makeinstance call with say with instance
directory foo you get a principals file foo/etc/principals.zcml
There you will find an entry matching your username/password
combination, something like

   <principal
       id="zope.manager"
       title="Manager"
       login="myusername"
       password="mypasswd"
       />

You can comment out this entry with

  <!-- principal
       id="zope.manager"
       title="Manager"
       login="myusername"
       password="mypasswd"
       / -->

and replace it with a different entry, try calling

  foo/bin/zpasswd

answer the question, you will get a new

  <principal .../>

that you can cut/copy&paste to your principals.zcml file,
then just restart Zope

-Andreas