[Zope3-Users] Expression not working in Zope3

Frank Burkhardt fbo2 at gmx.net
Fri Jun 23 06:02:41 EDT 2006

Hi,

On Thu, Jun 22, 2006 at 11:27:45PM -0400, Daniel Roberson wrote:
> OK, I added a Folder and called it MyFolder in the ZMI and then gave to folder a title called
> "Some Cool Title".
> Then I created a ZPT page in the folder and enter some html and tal script as directed in the
> Zope 3
> Develop's Handbook page 18.  I then clicked to open the ZPT and did a preview.
>
> The page displays but the tal line which reads:
> <h1 tal:content="context/zope:title">title here</h1> and is to display the title of the folder
> "Some Cool Title"
> in place of "title here" does not display and there is no error code given.
>
> Any suggestions as to why the tal command is not working???

It is working. You probably didn't enter a title for the ZPT. If you want to display the
folder's title, use

 context/__parent__/zope:title

BTW: The 'title' is not the same as 'name', which has to be entered whenever
an object is created in zmi. You may have created a folder called 'Some Cool
Title' but title has to be set as DublinCore metadata which can be modified
in the '@@EditMetaData.html' browser view. To get the name of the folder,
use

 context/__parent__/__name__

Regards,