[Zope3-Users] Re: Visionaire! (All your problems, solved)

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Thu Mar 2 15:25:31 EST 2006

On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 11:41:37 -0000, Peter Bengtsson
<mail at peterbe.com> wrote:

> It's been a while but the last time I installed Plone it came with
> stuff like CookieCrumbler and Formulator.

Heh, it no longer does :-)

> What a bliss and time-saver!
> It's not "unix-right" but I don't care, I have other stuff to spend my
> precious time on such as coding.
>
> Making things simple will (and always has) be superior to making
> things clinically correct in the computer industry.
>
> You point, Jeff, was that the Zope2 ZMI is "plaguing" the true Zope3
> as you know it. I'm not worried about this personally. On most of my
> zope2 products the ZMI is just used as a debug tool rather than
> something clients get to work in.

The thing is, you know that. I'm just learning zope 3 and will be using it
principally via Five, and even after reading a book on it, the exact use
of the ZMI and rotterdam and all that is still unclear to me. Is it meant
to be part of my application or not? Is it means as an admin interface, or
simply for bootstrapping?

Martin

--
(muted)