[Zope3-Users] Email application form causing despair!

Graham Stratton gns24 at cantab.net
Tue Mar 14 09:28:06 EST 2006

I have a seemingly simple problem.  I want to provide a web form which
is emailed off on submission.  I'd like to do some validation before it
is emailed off.

*snip saga involving much of formlib and browser:form*

On much reflection, I think what I probably want to do is to implement
an 'email form' content type, which has an address to email the form to,
and a schema, and then use the formlib machinery to produce and validate
a form from this.  Is this the right way to go?  I can't work out how I
can use any of the higher-level formlib code.  Will I need to render one
widget at a time and do my own validation?  Or is there something useful
in zope.app.form?

I guess in the longer term it would make sense to make my schema
persistent and based on the mutable schema implementation.  How might I
go about that?  I did play a bit with the mutable schema utility, but I
got errors when trying to add Text and TextLine fields.   I also don't
really understand why it's a utility anyway.  Does it offer a way to
edit any persistent schema?

I'm feeling very lost, I hope someone can point me in the right
direction.  Thanks for the all the support.

Regards,

Graham