[Zope3-Users] comments in ZCML

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Thu May 4 15:18:10 EDT 2006

On 5/4/06, luis <lparrab at gmx.net> wrote:
> I'm having problems writing <!-- comments --> in my zcml configuration
> files...
>
> for example, if during development I want to "comment out" some of the
> registrations, or just write some note on what an adapter (for example) is
> used for, I get a
>                 ZopeSAXParseException:  ...(invlid token)
> error on zope start-
>
> is this a bug? or am I doing something wrong here?

Does your comment include "--" anywhere, perhaps?  Without seeing more
of the traceback and your ZCML, it's hard to say what's wrong.  It
definately sounds like a problem with the XML rather than the
software, since a popular XML parser is being used (Expat, in
particular).

We do use comments in ZCML regularly, so we know they're properly supported.

  -Fred

"Don't let schooling interfere with your education." -- Mark Twain