[Zope3-Users] Newbie Struggling with Zope 3

Egon Frerich e.frerich at nord-com.net
Sun May 7 16:08:13 EDT 2006

Siddhartha Azad schrieb am 07.05.2006 17:21:

> Hi, Yes I have installed zope-3.2. The worldcookery application stops
> working from chapter 6 onward in

Unfortunately you don't give us the traceback with the error message. I
cannot see any problem in chapter 6.

For chapter 7 you can find within the Errata on Philipp's website:

>> #
>>
>> page 96, Example 7.4.1: Due to an incompatible change from Zope 3.1
>> to Zope 3.2, The custom sequence widget no longer works as listed.
>> Adding the following code to the widget class fixes the problem:
>>
>> def __init__(self, context, value_type, request): return
>> super(DynamicSequenceWidget, self).__init__(context, request)
>>

> zope-3.2 (attempt to add a Recipe results in a system error). I have
> found other people with a similar problem with the worldcookery code
> also. Rephrasing my question, suppose I have deployed a folder called
> "shopping" in my instance's lib/python.

Here I have a problem with the terminology. I assume you have a
directory with the name "shopping" and this directory contains your
package.

Or do you mean you have a package in your instance which has statements
for creating a Zope 3 folder with the name "shopping"?

> Suppose this has a ZPT called
> shop-viewer.pt. How do I view this ZPT in Zope 3.2 without adding it
> via the ZMI. I am unable to simply say
> http://localhost:8080/shopping/shop-viewer.pt.

Did you see the example 7.3.2?
Do I have to add a new
> folder through the ZMI and add a new "shop-viewer' instance to it? Or
> is there a way to access the shopping folder directly, once deployed?
>  Thanks, Sid.

Egon