[Zope3-Users] Strange occurrences whilst playing with Mutable Schemas in 3.3b1

Graham Stratton gns24 at cantab.net
Tue May 9 13:12:38 EDT 2006

Playing with the ZMI in 3.3b1 I came across a few issues, I'm not sure
whether any of them are bugs:

If I create a mutable schema, I can't add Text fields, though I can add
Int fields.  The error is:

ComponentLookupError: ((<zope.schema._bootstrapfields.Field object at
0x22a5910>, <zope.publisher.browser.BrowserRequest instance
URL=http://stratton:8080/testschema2/@@+/action.html>), <InterfaceClass
zope.app.form.interfaces.IInputWidget>, u'')

Wondering what I'd done to deserve this error, I played a bit with the
registrations, thinking that maybe I had to register the utility before
it would work.

If I register the schema as a utility using a different name to its
object name then I get an 'object not found' when trying to add a new
field since the adding redirect goes to the registered name instead of
the object name.

Finally, if I register the utility twice and then remove the first
registration, then the edit page heads with Schema Name: <schema not
activated>.

I hope I'm not wasting everyone's time with these points.

Regards,

Graham